A fence is put up around the perimeter of the home to provide security and aesthetic appeal. But with so many fence types to choose from, how do you know which one will work best for you? Before you find fencing in Utah, consider these options:
Wood is the most common fencing material in the US. In almost every neighborhood, you can find the majority of residences lined with traditional wooden picket fences.
Having a wooden fence can give homeowners a sense of security and charming curb appeal at a low cost. And let's face it; you can't go wrong with a classic wooden fence.
- Offer privacy and exterior beauty
- Many options available
- Relatively cheaper to install
- Can last as long as your home
- Can be damaged by extreme weather
- May need restaining or repainting more frequently
- Can be more difficult to repair
Another common fencing material is aluminum. This kind of fencing is primarily used for aesthetic and bordering purposes rather than security and privacy. Hence, it is more ideal for safer neighborhoods.
- Cheap to install
- Requires little to no maintenance
- Easy to install
- Comes in different designs
- Lacks in privacy
- Not ideal for a security fence
3. Wrought Iron
If you are looking for an extremely sturdy and beautiful fence, go for a wrought iron option. Having a wrought iron fence around your home can significantly increase the value of your property. However, you must be prepared to maintain it regularly.
- Classically beautiful
- Extremely durable
- Provides great security
- More expensive than other options
- Will need regular maintenance
- Often custom made
4. Chain Link
While chain link fences aren't popular options for many residential areas, they can still be great options for cheap and low-maintenance fencing. Apart from a residential fencing option, chain-link fences can be used for farms, barns, and private empty lots.
- Effective containment for animals
- Affordable material
- Require low maintenance
- Has versatile uses
- Can be easily cut through
- Provides no privacy
- Contributes minimal value to the property
Bamboo fencing is still growing popularity as of now. Bamboo is easy to grow, outstandingly durable, and environmentally-friendly. There are three main types of bamboo, namely, bamboo cane, live bamboo, and rolled bamboo. Out of these three, rolled bamboo fencing is the sturdiest.
- Environmentally friendly
- Provides a unique aesthetic
- Extremely durable
- Can last long
- Resists extremes of weather
- Can be quite expensive
- Not available in all climates
- Requires regular maintenance
And finally, if you want a low-maintenance fence with a long lifespan, opt for a vinyl fence. Although a vinyl fence requires higher upfront costs, it can save you money in maintenance and repairs in the long run.
- Easy to clean
- Relatively low-maintenance
- Long lifespan
- More flexible
- May expand due to heat
- Can become brittle over time
Now that you know the different types of fencing material on the market, you can make a better choice for the security and aesthetic appeal of your property.